We'd love to hear from you
Please don't hesitate to get in touch about booking your holiday, even if it's the simplest of questions about your cabin or any of the things to see or do around here
Belstane Log Cabin
Midlothian, EH27 8DQ
T: 01506 880543
M: 07900 605709
How to find us
We're situated just off the A70, "The Lang Whang", the long road that runs north of the Pentland Hills over the moors from Edinburgh, via Lanark to Ayr.
Using Sat Nav:
Most sat navs like TomTom or your car's built-in satnav won't find us if you type in 'Belstane'. The post code (EH27 8DQ) is best but this being a large rural post code area, your sat nav will take you to the centre of the post code area which is a mile north of us on Leyden Road. In other words, you'll be a mile away when your sat nav's voice tells you you've arrived.
Coming from the south, when your sat nav says you've arrived at your destination, you'll probably have driven past us. Turn round and and go back up the hill, past the Hilly Cow Wigwams and you'll see our sign at the apex of the sharp bend.
Coming from the north, your sat nav will have got you onto Leyden Road but just head south, up a steep hill, go past the Hilly Cow Wigwams and you'll see our sign at the apex of the sharp bend.
Using Your Phone or Tablet:
Google Maps App:
Search for "Belstane Log Cabin" or "Belstane Cottage" (our house). Both are registered on Google Maps and you'll be able to get directions. There's a sign at the end of our drive showing both properties. You'll see the cabin as you drive past Belstane Cottage, just got straight up, the cabin wil be open and the keys will be on the kitchen table; make yourself at home.
iPhone Maps App:-
For some strange reason, Belstane Log Cabin doesn't appear on iPhone Maps so search for "Belstane Cottage". You'll see the cabin as you drive past Belstane Cottage, just got straight up, the cabin wil be open and the keys will be on the kitchen table; make yourself at home.
Directions from the South and the A74(M):
- Leave the A74(M) at Abington (Junction 13) and take the A702 towards Biggar. You're 40 minutes away.
- Just as you arrive at Biggar, turn left onto the B7016. It doesn't look like much of a road but it will eventually get you heading for Carnwath about ten miles away. You'll see a giant stainless steel snowplough just as you turn onto the B7016 - it's civic sculpture, not a bad omen for the weather!
- At the traffic lights in Carnwath, turn right.
- Head east for about 200 yards and take the next left hand turn heading north east on the A70. You're about 15 to 20 minutes away.
- Stay on the A70 until you zig zag past a large reservoir to your right. Keep going and you'll pass a wind turbine on your left very close to the road.
- After the wind turbine the road goes downhill and as it rises again, there's a turn to the left - this is Leyden Road, turn left and watch out, it's easy to miss.
- After four hundred yards you'll come to a sharp right-hand bend in the road. Our drive is on the left, on the apex of this bend; you'll see the sign for Belstane Cottage.
Directions from the East and the A1
- You'll approach Edinburgh from the east. Stay on the A1 until you begin to see signs for Edinburgh Airport.
- Take the A720 Edinburgh Bypass and stay on it (there's a nasty big roundabout with about five junctions; the middle lane is where to be so that you can easily turn back onto the A720) until you see the junction for the A71. Head west along the A71.
- At the first set of traffic lights after Dalmahoy Golf and Country Club, turn left and turn right after you go under the railway bridge.
- Go through Kirknewton village, past the shop and turn left onto the B7031 as you exit Kirknewton.
- Head south and two hundred yards past the airfield (you'll see the wind sock on your left) you'll come to the A70; turn right.
- Head west along the A70 for about a mile and a quarter and take the first right just after the signs warning of cattle crossing. This is Leyden Road and we're just a few hundred yards away - you'll see the sign for Belstane Cottage and Belstane Cabin right in front of you on the next corner.
- If you pass a wind turbine on your right, close to the road, you've gone too far, turn around and go first left into Leyden Road.
To read and download our Terms and Conditions, click HERE.